Mettur is my favourite town till today...I had been there at this place for more than 5 years.Though the town is very small, the ambience and the climate makes one to love the place.We were staying inside HH's company township which had complete facilities in all respect inside.From the house terrace we can see the stanley reservoir and the river cauvery....Free electricity and free water and also consistent supply..What else u need other than these ??!!!
It was a practice for us to visit salem every weekend for some reason or other.We loved to dine at Selvi Mess a famous place for the non-vegetarian items..One of my friend at Salem introduced me this dish which she called Pichi Potta kozhi varuval (in tamil) which means shredded chicken fry.I was tasting it for the first time and it was very light to have and was tasting very different!!
I always make this and use it for the rotis,rice,oothapams and also for making chicken fried rice..Kids will surely love to have this as this is less spicier than the other chicken dishes!!
For the recipe pls press READ MORE below..
250gms of Chicken
1-2 nos of big onion,sliced thinly
1 tsp of ginger garlic paste(1/2 tsp while cooking n 1/2 tsp while saute'ing)
1/4 Tsp of Turmeric powder
1 Tbsp of Chilli +coriander powder(conbined)
1 Tsp of freshly ground pepper
2 Tbsp of oil
3 nos of dry red chillies
A strand of curry leaves
1/2 Tsp of fennel seeds
In a pressure cooker add chicken,turmeric powder,ginger garlic paste,salt,water and pressure cook it for 1-2 whistles.
Drain the water and take the chicken pieces
Then shred the chicken into long strips.(Pichi podavum..in Tamil).Remove the bones if any
Add oil in a kadai and heat it.Then add fennel seeds,red chilly and curry leaves.
Add sliced onion and saute well till it turns crisp.
Then add ginger garlic paste and saute it.
Then add chilli powder,salt and saute it well.
Finally add pepper powder and saute it well.
Adjust the pepper and chilli powder according to your taste..
Serve it how with rasam rice.
U can stuff it in roti and have it.
U can also add it as a topping on the oothapam.
- U can use the drained water from the cooked chicken(chicken stock) and use it for making soup.
- Don't add too much of water while cooking chicken.Add very little water.
- Adjust the chilli powder and pepper powder according to ur spice level.
- After adding pepper powder don't saute it for longer hours.
- The fried masala that remains stuck to the kadai tastes very yummy.Just scrap it and relish it.
- U can roll the shredded chicken in a roti and serve as chicken wrap.
- U can also press them on the oothapam and serve it as chicken oothapam.
- U can mix it with rice and serve as chicken rice