Monday, July 22, 2013

Mango Kesari



It had been an year since I started my blog...............started this blog to kill my time but had ultimately became my addiction!!Thank u readers for your overwhelming support and encouragement you give me which keeps my blog alive!!
 
This post is dedicated to all my blog readers..Relish this virtual treat..
 
Mangoes are always my weakness!!I keep waiting for the mango season to arrive.We keep visiting Hosur during the summers and when we return we purchase fresh varieties of mangoes from the farms on the way to Salem/Krishnagiri..
Nothing can beat the taste of Salem mangoes!!
 
I had made a list of mango recipes that need to be done during the mango season,but somehow i finished eating the mangoes.Luckily one of my sister Uma gave us few tins of fresh mango pulps from Krishnagiri.I was much delighted and thought should try the mango kesari.
 
The sweet came out too good with a light tinch of mango..Can feel the taste even after I had the taste..
 
So reserved this dish to post for the first anniversary of my cooking blog!!
 
With no much waiting click READ MORE to get into the recipe..
 


INGREDIENTS:
 
(Listed in the picture..Pls wait for some time so that the image gets loaded)



PROCEDURE:


Add a tsp of ghee and fry the cashews.
Then in the same pan fry the raisins
Keep them aside

In the same pan roast the rava/Sooji nicely for 2-3 minutes
Keep the roasted rava aside.
In a thick bottomed pan add water and heat it


Lower the flame of the stove.
Add colour(yellow).It is optional and depends upon the colour of ur mango pulp.If ur mango pulp is dark then avoid adding the colour.
Add a pinch of salt in the water.
Keep adding the Sooji little by little with constant stirring and mix well so that there are no lumps

Then add yellow colour(colour mixed in a tsp of milk)and mix well.
U can add the yellow colour when the water is boiling.I forgot to add it and so I added it at this stage.

By this time rava would have cooked well.
Then add sugar,mango pulp and keep stirring continously.Before adding sugar taste the pulp.If it is more sweeter then reduce the amount of sugar used.


The mixture turns little liquid and then begins to solidify.
Add ghee little by little and keep stirring.
Add cardamom powder and mix well.
Then add the roasted raisins and cashewnuts and mix well.
Serve it hot or cool it and cut it into pieces and serve it.



HANDY TIPS:

  •  
  • The mixture solidifies after some time and so switch off the flame when the mixture is little semi solid.
  • U can also add grated pista and almonds.
  • U can use fresh mango too.Peel the ripen mango and grind it to make a pulp.
  • Taste the pulp before u add sugar.
  • If the mango is very sweet reduce the amount of sugar used.
  • U can also add small pieces of chopped ripen mangoes and give a stir to the kesari.
  • Try to break the lumps  when the mixture is semi solid
  • Add sugar only after rava gets cooked well


 

No comments:

Post a Comment