I was very lazy last week and wanted to do some one pot meal.As it was weekend i didn't have much of vegetables in my fridge.Luckily had some palak leaves in my balcony garden and decided to do some palak rice..I browsed a few blogs and felt cookingandme recipe of palak pulao sounded tasty.So I made a slight variation and ended up making this pulao.It was so yummy and also healthy..
Try making this healthy one pot meal and dine it..
For the recipe pls click READ MORE below..
1 Cup of rice,washed and soaked for 10 minutes.
1.5 Cups of boiling hot water
1.5 Cups of palak leaves,chopped finely
1 No. of big onion,chopped finely
1 no. of tomato chopped
1-2 nos of green chillies(adjust accordingly)
2 Tsp of oil
1/2 tsp of cumin seeds/jeera
1 Tbsp of cashewnuts
2 Tbsp of coconut grated
2 Tbsp of chopped coriander leaves
6-7 nos of small onions/shallots OR 1 medium sized onion
1 Tsp of red chilli powder
1 Tsp of garam masala powder
Grind coriander leaves,coconut,small onions(raw),garam masala and chilli powder in a mixie to a nice paste by adding little amount of water.
Keep the grinded mixture aside.
Chop the palak leaves finely and keep it aside
Chop the onions,garlic and tomatoes and keep it aside.
Boil water .
Add oil in a pressure cooker and heat it.
When it gets heated up add cashewnuts and then cumin seeds.
Then add chopped onions,garlic and then tomatoes and saute it nicely.
Then add chopped palak leaves and saute it so that it gets shrinked in size and the water gets evaporated.
Then add the grinded coriander-onion-powder-coconut mixture and saute it well.
Then add rice and mix well.
Add the boiling hot water to it.Add salt to taste.
Close the lid and pressure cook it for 1-2 whistles..
Serve it hot with appalam.
- U can adjust the chilli powder and green chillies according to ur spice level.
- U can also grind the palak leaves and add it.
- Soaking the rice will make the rice to cook soft.So soak it atleast for 10 minutes
- Instead of oil u can also use ghee.
- Don't add too much of coriander leaves..or else it will taste like coriander rice rather than palak rice!!
- U can add grated ginger too if u wish.
- Instead of palak u can add arai keerai/seeru keerai