I had tasted these rolls only in restaurants and when I cooked it at home, to my surprise ,it tasted too good and the shape also turned out very much appealing for the kids..Vacation had started and my kids keep demanding different snacks for their evening..
One sunday evening my elder daughter wanted some restaurant special snacks and kept pestering me to do some.I browsed the internet for a quick recipe .Finally selected a recipe which is easy to make and also tastier n appealing for the kids
Try out this easy recipe for the cheese rolls/sticks and pass me the comments.
For the recipe please press READ MORE below..
Makes 10 nos.
Preparation time:10 minutes
Cooking time:2 minutes
Mix maida,cooking soda,salt,chilli powder,1 Tbsp of bread crumbs(remaining to roll),corn flour,sugar,grated cheese and mix well.
While adding salt be careful..some varieties of cheese has salt in it..
Sprinkle water little by little and mix well so that u get a dough consistency
Roll the dough into long sticks
Cut them into size which u like
Spread the bread crumbs on a plate.
Roll the cut cheese rolls on the bread crumbs so that they get coated on the rolls
Heat oil in a pan.Either u can shallow fry or deep fry the rolls
Drop the rolls one by one and fry it.
Fry them evenly so that it becomes golden brown colour.
Drain the excess oil using a kitchen towel
Serve it hot with tomato ketchup
- Don't add too much of cheese
- Instead of deep frying it can be baked too.
- While adding salt to the mixture consider the salt present in the cheese and then adjust the salt quantity.
- Let the dough be firm.Don't add too much of water
- For a variation it can be rolled with corn flakes(powdered)
- As it is a kids special snack I had added less amount of chilli powder.If u want it to be more spicy then add some more of it..