Saturday, November 24, 2012

Karthigai Pori Urundai



 I love the various types of diyas that I used to light on karthigai deepam.And added to it the pori urundais,olai kozhukattais and the appam makes the day very yummy!!!Pori urundai is an authentic snack.It is very simple and easy to make.I make this very often at home and send it as a snack to my kids during the school days.I maximum try to avoid giving them  the junks from the shops..So my kids don't find it very special as it made very often at home.The caramelized colour and the crunchiness of the pori attracts the kids.
 
For the recipe please press READ MORE below...
 

 
 
PROEDURE:
 
 
In a wide pan add grated jaggery and water.Heat it till the jaggery gets completed dissolved.Then filter the jaggery water to remove the impurities
 
 
 
 
Add the jaggery water in a pan and allow it to boil till you attain a soft ball consistency.(To check it add a drop of jaggery water into a bowl of water and try to bring it together.If it holds together and forms a ball then it is the consistency that we want).Add elachi powder to it.
 
 
 
 
Add the pori to the pan and mix well.pour it in a greased plate and make small balls when it is hot.Grease your hands with ghee to avoid the mixture sticking to your hand.Store it in an air tight container
 
Handy Notes:
 
  • Small pieces of coconut can also be added to the mixture.
  • It can be made cut in the shape of chikis too
 
 
 
     
     
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Delicious karthika pori. My favorite, I have to make this tuesday. yours came out well.

    I am your newest follower, please follow back I will appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete