Restaurants broadcast that they taste similar to that of homemade and on the other hand at home we wanted to make dishes of restaurant style..That is what life is..We always feel other one is better than ours....Throw away all those thoughts and think positive and happy with what we have :))
All of us at home love to have this particular dish and I make it very often at home.I do bake the florets instead of deep frying it.
Gobi manchurian is an Indo-Chinese dish that is very popular food item in India.It can be made in dry version and had as a starter or it can be made in a gravy form and had as a side dish for the roti or fried rice.
It takes very little time to prepare and the dish tastes really yummy..
1 Cup of Cauliflower florets ( medium sized cauliflower)
For the Batter:
4 Tbsp of Cornflour
2 Tbsp of Maida/All purpose flour
1 Tsp of Ginger garlic paste
1/4 Tsp of white pepper powder
Salt to taste
For the Manchurian:
1 - 2 Tbsp of Oil
2 Tbsp of finely chopped garlic
1 Tsp of Spring onion (White part)
1 Tbsp of Spring onion (Green Part)
1 Big onion chopped finely
1/4 Tsp of Soya Sauce
1/4 Tsp of Green chilli sauce
3 Tbsp of Tomato sauce
2 Tsp of corn flour mixed with 2 Tbsp of water
Salt to taste.
THIS IS HOW I MADE IT...:
In a mixing bowl add cornflour,maida,Ginger garlic paste,salt,Pepper powder and mix well.Add little salt and make it into a dosa batter consistency.Don't make the batter very thin.
Boil water and add the cauliflower florets.Half cook them.Drain off the water and strain the cauliflowers .
Add them to the prepared batter and mix well so that the batter gets coated well on all the sides of the florets.
Allow them to get soaked for atleast 15 minutes.More the soaking time more the taste..
Keep the cornflour mixed in water ready.
Heat a pan with oil in low flame.
Fry them.Keep the fried florets aside.
Heat oil in an another pan.Let the flame be in high
Add finely chopped garlic and saute it.
Then add the white part of the spring onion and saute it.
Then add the chopped big onion and saute it.
Add green chilli sauce and saute it.
Add Soya sauce.(Don't add too much of it)
Add tomato sauce,salt(You had already added some salt to the batter) and saute it.
Add little water and mix well.
Add cornflour water and mix well.
Lower the flame and allow it to boil till it reaches syrup consistency.
Now add the fried cauliflowers and mix well.
Garmish it with the green parts of the spring onion and serve it hot.
- Instead of deep frying the florets you can toast them on a dosa tawa smeared with little oil.Alternatively you can also bake the florets in the oven.
- You can also add chopped capsicums to the cauliflowers while frying the onions.
- Don't add too much of soya sauce.It will impart a bitter taste.
- Fry the onions in high flame.It gives a special taste to the gravy.
- If you need it dry then reduce the water quantity that is added and if you want it in a gravy form add more water and make it thick by adding cornflour water.
- Don't saute the vegetables for longer time.It shouldn't lose its crispyness
- Instead of cauliflower you can use Mushroom,brinjal,chicken too.
- Don't skip the spring onions part.It imparts a special taste to the dish.
- Don't boil the cauliflower florets too much.Just half cook them.