Making Stir fries are quite an easy job and they taste yummy and healthy too.In that lane I tried a mixture of Capsicum and Potato stir fry.The aroma of Capsicum gets mixed with the potato and imparts a very special flavour and taste to the dish.
Try this out and let me know how it turned out..
For more scroll below:
Serves: 2 to 3
1 No. of Capsicum
2 Nos. of Medium sized Potatoes
1 No. of medium sized onion
1/2 Tsp of Ginger garlic paste
1 Tsp of Chilli Powder
1/4 Tsp of Garam Masala Powder
1 Tbsp of Oil
1 Tsp of Mustard seeds
1 Tsp of Urad Dhal
1/2 Tsp of Fennel seeds
A pinch of Asafoetida
THIS IS HOW I MADE IT:
Chop the potatoes.I sliced it little big than the normal as that of the small square of the capsicum
Take it in a microwave safe bowl.Add 1 Tsp of water .
Keep it in the microwave
Microwave it for 1 minute at HIGH.The potatoes would have cooked half.
Chop the capsicum in a square shape.
Heat oil in a pan.
Add the items mentioned in "For Seasoning" list one by one (Mustard seeds,Urad Dhal,fennel seeds,Asafoetida)Then add chopped onions and saute it.
Then add ginger garlic paste and saute it.
Add chopped capsicum and saute it.
Add chopped and half cooked potatoes.
Add chilli powder,garam masala powder.
Add salt and saute it in low flame.
Saute it for some time till all the powders get coated on the vegetables.
Switch off the flame when the vegetables turn brown.
Serve it with steamed rice and sambhar.They taste good with curd rice too..
- Don't saute the capsicum too much..It will lose its crunchy taste.
- If you don't have a microwave then cook the potatoes on stove top till it gets cooked half.
- Fennel seeds imparts a nice aroma and flavour to the dish.So don't skip it.
- You can add few chopped garlic too if you love the flavour of garlic.
- You can use different colours of capsicum too to make the dish more colourful.