This dish comes in handy when I run out of vegetables.They taste exotic with a simple rasam sadham..After transferring the dish to the serving bowl,don't forget to add some rice to the pan in which u had cooked,mix with the gravy left in the pan..Just have the mixed rice....We refer it as Vanali sadham (The pan in which it is cooked is called Vanali)It is the most delicious food I can say...Don't miss it...
This is a simple sidedish that can be made in a jiffy...
For the recipe please click READ MORE below..
3 nos. of eggs,boiled and cut
1 no. of medium sized onion,chopped finely
1 small tomato chopped finely
1 Tsp of ginger garlic paste
1 no. of green chilli,chopped finely(optional)
1 Tsp of Red chilli powder
2 Tsp of Coriander powder
1/2 Tsp of Garam Masala powder
A pinch of Turmeric powder
Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
1 Tbsp of oil
1 Tsp of Mustard seeds
1 Tsp of urad dhal
1/2 Tsp of Cumin seeds/Jeera
Few curry leaves
Boil the eggs.Deshell them.Cut it into 2 halves.Keep them aside.
Chop the onions,tomatoes and keep it ready.
In a pan heat oil.
Add mustard seeds,urad dhal,Jeera,curry leaves and saute it.
Then add chopped onions and saute it.
After the onions get slightly fried add ginger garlic paste and saute it.
Add chopped tomatoes and saute it.
Then add turmeric powder,chilli powder,coriander powder,garam masala powder and saute it well.
Don't saute it too much and make the powder black.Cook them in low flame.
Then add little water,salt.
Allow the mixture to boil for 3-5 minutes in low flame.
Then add the boiled and cut eggs into the gravy.
Mix them well.
Wait till the gravy turns thick.
U can adjust the consistency according to ur need.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot for a simple rasam rice.
- U can cut the boiled eggs in any shape u need.U can use egg cutter to make it more attractive.
- Instead of chilli powder and coriander powder u can add sambar powder too to give a different taste.
- If u want it little gravy then u can add thick coconut milk finally and make it into little gravy consistency and use it as a side dish for roti.
- Slicing the onions horizontally will give u a nice crunchy taste to the dish.
- If u cook for more time after adding the eggs the eggs will become hard.