This is my first post and would like to have Hari's favourite dish as the first post...This is a simple dish but would taste fantastic for the people who love idly podi combinations..I do make more idlies in the morning and reserve some to make podi idly upma in the evenings...so this is one of the best way to make use of the remaining idlies for dinner..
Podi Idly Upma
Idly 3 pieces
Idly Podi 3 Tbsp(recipe will be posted soon)
Sesame Oil 3 Tbsp
Coriander Leaves a handfull
Small Mustard Seeds 1 tsp
Urad Dhal 1 tbsp
Curry Leaves handfull
- Refridgerate the idlies for 2-3 hours.This process is to simplify the scrambling of idlies(உதிரியாக்கவும் )
- In a pan add sesame oil (more the oil more taster the upma is) and then the items mentioned as "to temper".
- Then add the chopped onions
- After the onions had turned pink add the scrambled idlies.
- Add the idli podi and little bit of salt(idli already has some salt)
- Mix it properly
- It would taste good with the thick curd(yogurt)
- To enhance the taste ghee can be added
- It can be garnished with fried cashews and curryleaves