Usually I bake some cookies at the weekends for the forthcoming week.I wanted to give a try at some healthy cakes.I remembered one of my friend mentioning about the dates cake when I started this blog.I wanted to try that and to my surprise it was too gud.I added some walnuts along with the dates to add some healthy aspect to it.The colour with which it baked out was too appealing...
Dates are very rich source of Iron,vitamin and mineral.Walnuts are very rich in Omega 3 fatty acid,Vitamin E,antioxidants and makes us more healthier.
The cake tastes very yummier..Have a try and please drop in some comments too..
For the recipe please press READ MORE below..
Preparation Time:30 minutes
Baking Time:30-35 minutes
1 Cup of All purpose flour/maida
15-20 nos of Seedless dates
3/4 Cup of Warm milk
3/4 Cup of Sugar
1/2 Cup of melted butter at room temperature
1 Tsp of Baking Soda
1/4 Cup of Chopped walnuts
Soak the seedless dates in warm milk for 10-15 minutes.Alternatively u can microwave the dates till they become soft.
In a mixing bowl Cream the butter.Let the butter come to room temperature
In a mixer grinder add sugar,soaked seedless dates and grind well along with the milk.
Add the grounded one to the mixing bowl which had butter.
Sieve all purpose flour with the baking soda atleast 2 times so that the soda gets evenly mixed with maida
Add sieved maida mixture to the mixing bowl.Add chopped walnuts too and mix well.The mixture will be little thick.
In the meanwhile preheat the oven at 350 F or 180 C for 10 minutes.
Grease a pan with butter and dust it with maida.
Pour the batter into the cake pan.
Bake it at 350 F/180C for 30-35 minutes.
Check it with a skewer after 30 minutes.The inserted skewer should come out clean.Bake till the inserted skewer comes out clean.
Cool the cake in the pan for atleast 10 minutes
Then take it from the pan,slice it and serve it..
- The colour of the cake depends on the colour/quality of the dates.
- Instead of soaking the dates u can soften the dates in a microwave.
- Instead of chopped walnuts chopped cashewnuts can also be used.
- While powdering, Powder the sugar first,then add dates and grind it and finally milk.If u add milk at first u won't end up with a completely grounded mixture.
- The baking time varies according to the type n capacity of the oven.It took 34 minutes for me to bake this cake