Saturday, January 5, 2013

Mini Podi Idly



As always Podi is HH's most favourite item.He is satisfied with a simple idly podi and Curd.Whereas I am the other way round.I don't like Idly podi for Idly.I need a spicy gravy.My kids are like their dad. I don't  take much effort at cooking a sidedish for idlies.
 
Earlier I had posted a recipe Idly Podi Uppuma.The one presented here is a slightly different version of the podi uppuma..It is very easy to pack for travel.It stays good for 1 day.Kids will definitely love it when minimal amount of podi is added to the idly.
No need of making any side dish...
 
Enjoy the Mini Podi idly
 

Ingredients:
 
20 nos of Mini Idlies
1 Tsp of Mustard seed
2 strands of Curry leaves
2 Tbsp of gingelly oil(Nalla Ennai)
1 Tbsp of Urad Dhal
2 Tbsp of Idly Podi (Click on for the idly podi recipe)
1 Tbsp of roasted cashewnuts(Optional)
 
Procedure:
 
 
 
In a pan add oil and heat it
Then add mustard seeds,Dhal,curry leaves.
Add cashewnuts(optional)
Then add the Idly podi and switch off the flame
Then add steam cooked mini idlies and saute well off the flame
Make sure that each idly gets coated with the podi.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment