Saturday, December 1, 2012

Beetroot Poori/Pink Beauty



At my daughter Y's Preschool they had pink day yesterday.Apart from dressing herself in all pink she even demanded for a pink snack and a breakfast.It is very hard to compromise the kids...My elder daughter S likes Pink colour and my younger one Y likes Poori.So to satisfy both the kids and also considering the nutrient part I planned to make this Pink beetroot poori.Astonishingly I became an ardent fan of it(I hate the normal pooris!!!).It was so soft and the colour was very much appealing too.It needed no side dish too. But it is little bit sweet in taste .Depending on the beetroot quality, the colour and the taste changes...
 
The photo session didn't last for longer time.By the time I make a click either I find a poori missing or my younger one standing beside compelling me to finish off the clicks.So neither I  clicked much photos nor I took effort at concentrating on the props...
 




INGREDIENTS:
 
Wheat Flour-1 Cup
Beetroot-1/4 kg
Water and salt as required
 
PROCEDURE:
 
 
 

 
 
Make the beetroot puree(grind the beetroot in the blender and make it as a paste)
Mix the puree,salt and little water with the wheat flour and make it in the consistency of the poori dough.It should not be very hard.
 
Roll it fry it and serve it hot with potato gravy or white coconut chutney
 
 
 
 

2 comments: