Heat oil/ghee in a pan.Then add items mentioned in "To Temper".Then add half of the portion of the coarsely crushed powder(garlic+chilli+pepper).Reserve the remaining to be added when switching off the flame.
Saute it finely.Don't burn it.
- A small piece of Jaggery can be added if u want a sweet cum hot taste.
- Garlic is optional.
- For tempering a tsp of urad dhal can also be added.
- It can be garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
- Instead of fresh tamarind ,tamarind paste can also be added.
- U can reduce the chilli numbers and can increase the pepper quantity .
- When u soak tamarind add little amount of salt to enhance the rasam taste.
- Use only unpeeled garlic for crushing.